|[ Excerpt from The Science of Yoga, page 230 ]
This foot kriya is one of the best therapies you can give to yourself for your feet and for the loosening of your ankles.
Note: this is one full round, which take 3 complete cycles of breath to complete.
- Begin in the heel-sitting vajra asana.
- Again, using the sukha pranayama, raise both knees on an inhalation, just as in the preceding dwi janu vajra kriya.
- Exhale and lower both knees to the floor.
- On the next inhalation, raise the buttocks off of the heels, lift up onto the knees and turn your toes under.
- Exhale and sit back down into the heel-sitting vajra vira asana.
- Inhale, rise up onto the knees again and point the toes backward once more.
- Exhale and sit back down into vajra asana.
- Repeat 3 or 4 rounds of this practice.
The contents of this web page are intended for informational purposes only. One should not engage in any yoga practices based solely upon the directions given on this web page or any other page of this web site. Anyone atempting to perform any of the yoga exercises introduced on this website assumes full responsibility and does so at their own risk.
NOTE: This yoga article is an excerpt from The Science of Yoga, an online yoga training program with streaming yoga videos and 600 pages of step-by-step yoga instruction.
"The Science of Yoga is a course worthy of
leather binding and an honored place in the
finest libraries in the world
... It is indeed a masterful work."
Dr. John Michael Christian
Learn More About
The Science of Yoga Course